Effective as of December 11th 2019
This document describes the information that we (“Sourcery AI Limited”) collect when you interact with our website and services.
We are committed to ensuring the privacy of our users and their code. This is why all code analysis performed by our services takes place locally on the user's machine.
Information we collect
We are the data controller for the following information:
- Information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us such as your name, email address and other contact information.
- Anonymised usage data collected by our services. These include information on your OS version and the versions of our services that you use, as well as anonymised reports of which types of refactorings have been suggested and accepted.
- Anonymised error reports provided by the third-party Sentry.io error reporting service, which is fully GDPR and EU-US Privacy Shield compliant.
- Information provided to us by cookies and related technologies such as Google Analytics.
More on cookies
What we use the information for
Sourcery collects information to provide a better service to all our users and visitors. We use the information to provide, maintain, protect and improve our website and services. If you have signed up to receive updates from us we will use your information to periodically contact you with information about our products and services. Our legal basis for processing the information we are the data controller for, is the implicit consent that you provide when submitting your information through a website form or emailing us. In some circumstances, we may also process information on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving our service.
Sharing the information
We do not share the information with any external third parties, except as detailed in this document.
Storage and security
Sourcery uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service. You understand that although you retain full rights to your data, it may be stored on third-party storage and transmitted through third-party networks. We take careful technical measures to ensure that your information is secure and inaccessible to unauthorized parties. We also continuously work on new features to improve security. We retain personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose for which the personal data was collected, or for such longer period required by law or otherwise necessary to defend or exercise our legal rights. At the end of this period (or expiry of our backup archive retention period if later), we will either delete or anonymise the personal data.
You have the following rights in respect of your personal data:
- Access - Request information about personal data we hold on you
- Rectification - Correct or update your personal data
- Objection - Object to processing of personal data based on our legitimate interests
- Restriction - Ask us to retain but otherwise stop actively processing personal data
- Erasure - Request deletion of your personal data
- Portability - Request your personal data in machine-readable format
- Withdrawal - Withdraw consent for future processing, if we process based on your consent
- Decisions - To not be subject to significant decisions based solely on automated processing
- Complaints - Contact the Information Commissioner's Office with complaints about our processing (https://ico.org.uk/concerns)
Depending on the circumstances, we may need to verify your identity before complying with your request and we may not always be able to comply with your request in full (for example when producing your information may reveal another person's personal data or when there is an overriding interest or conflicting legal obligation).