We've reworked our Jetbrains plugin, making lots of under-the-hood changes.
These will enable us to deliver a more consistent experience between Jetbrains
IDEs and VS Code. In particular we will soon be making the Sourcery Coding
Assistant available for JetBrains IDEs.
This means quite a few changes will be apparent in the new version:
- We now support all JetBrains IDEs
- We now support class-level extract method refactorings in JetBrains IDEs
- We have removed the Sourcery tool window (you can get equivalent functionality
through the Problems tool window)
- We have removed the Detect Clones feature (we may revisit this in future)
- We have removed batch code inspections (you can use the
Sourcery CLI to make batch
We have also continued to make improvements for the Sourcery Coding Assistant in
VS Code. We improved both the output for some recipes and the code search used
in the background. Also, the chat history is now stored in your local sqlite
The assistant is currently only available in closed beta. If you want to get
early access to it, please
sign up to the waitlist.
We'd love to hear your feedback! Reach out at
firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter
@SourceryAI. Join the
Sourcery Discord Community. Ask for help or
suggest improvements on
Full Changelog - Release 1.9.0
- Rework of JetBrains plugin to use the same Language Server Protocol framework
that our VS Code plugin uses.
- Improved handling of errors from triggering recipes without selected text
- Improve Generate Tests recipe for Python by determining the scope of the
- Sourcery now supports all JetBrains IDEs!
- Generate Tests: improvements to the prompt to only show relevant imports and
add IDs to parametrized test cases
- Improved system message for review mode
- More intelligently trim PRs that are too large for review mode
- Require all users to login when using Sourcery
- Greatly improved the Sourcery extension sidebar in VS Code, so that it is lear
what actions you need to take to log in and enable the coding assistant.
- Add styling for lists and paragraphs in markdown to improve UI of chat
- Improved handling of certificate errors in the coding assistant
- Fixed issue with team billing dashboard when returning from Stripe
to a suggestion
- Fixed issue where embeddings take up excessive space on disk
- Corrected overflow of code blocks in markdown chat responses
- Handle different base directories when parsing gitignores for generating
- Remove some logging noise when loading rules
- Updater only removes deletes previous binaries older than a week - should
Address certificate errors for nightly builds